Office-based role located in Brighton Melbourne Australia.
Lead the development of wind energy opportunities for Equis in Australia & New Zealand
Team Leader with past hands-on experience.
- Site identification stage – screening and short listing of potential sites based on resource quality (including met mast installation and wind data monitoring campaign, as necessary), and grid quality & availability
- Feasibility stage – resource and site assessment, preliminary designs, completion of 2D and 3D layouts, comprehensive energy yield assessments, identification of connection options
- Permitting stage – working together with in house and external experts to complete environmental impact and risk assessments, obtain development approvals, undertake community consultation programs, interact and negotiate with landowners & other relevant stakeholders
- Connection development stage – supported by the inhouse grid connection manager, interacting with grid connection consultants who will conduct detailed studies of the project and with the electricity network
- Final design stage – lead the finalization of design based on feasibility work, recent advances in technology, cost and availability of all necessary components
- Contract design & contractor selection – all (EPC structure) or subcontractor basis (where Company procures component parts of the facility and takes commissioning risk itself)
- Operations & asset management: post commissioning, including ensuring the continued efficient operation of the facilities
- Be capable of personally evaluating and recommending technology solutions to optimize build quality and performance taking into account availability, cost, proven performance from leading market providers
- Lead the preparation of project schedules, project progress reports, proposals, and presentations required for internal purposes and for tendering processes
- Representing the company by participating in industry conferences, forums, workshops and meetings, involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.
- Identify, develop and deliver 100MW of wind and/or hybrid projects (including storage) p.a.
- On time on budget delivery
- Project Development & Management, Engineering, or an equivalent field
- Specific experience in wind power development in Australia including completion and commissioning of at least 300MW of Australian wind projects
- Ability to manage complex technical and commercial issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Knowledge of converter connected technology
- Detailed knowledge of storage and battery solutions
- Permanent residency or Australian visa preferred