Office-based role located in Brighton Melbourne Australia
Lead the land acquisition activities of Equis across our portfolio of renewable energy (wind, solar and battery) and waste/recycling projects in Victoria and Tasmania.
Strong business development skills and a passion for working with landowners to secure land underpinning new projects on either a leasehold or freehold basis.
A willingness to be hands on and personally negotiate relevant options, leases and purchases. Develop new projects including securing sites.
- Undertake due diligence of identified sites
- Negotiating options, leases and acquisition of identified sites
- Reviewing and enhancing the current land acquisition strategy for each region
- Site identification, including leveraging in house GIS resources, for land suitable for renewable energy and waste/recycling projects in designated region(s);
- Setup processes and systems to track and coordinate land opportunities and landowner interactions
- Build strong and lasting relationships with landowners
- Collaborate with other Equis professionals to support wider business development and project management efforts
- Negotiate transmission line easements, licenses and leases.
- Participate in internal project teams to progress development of projects
- Support the build out of resources for land securement
- Develop and implement a range of land acquisition strategies for each region.
- Successfully identifying land and negotiating land options for suitable sites in good locations.
- Degree in property, planning, business, law, engineering, or an equivalent field
- Experience: 6+ years of relevant experience in land acquisition for Australian renewables or waste/recycling projects.
- Strong business development skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and an ability to build relationships and trust with landowners
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid understanding of both the underlying principles and content of land options and leases in the Australian context.
- Demonstrated record of finding suitable sites, and delivering successful land options and leases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial acumen and entrepreneurial values
- Ability to project manage, managing time and setting priorities.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to Victoria and Tasmania.