Equis, founded in 2010, is a leading renewable energy developer and operator with a successful track record of developing over 200 renewable energy projects across the region.
In 2019, Equis pivoted to focus solely on developed markets in Asia-Pacific countries (currently – Japan, South Korea and Australia) to develop projects in renewable energy, biomass and waste infrastructure sectors.
Equis currently employs over 100 investment, engineering, procurement, construction and operational professionals across its five (5) Asia Pacific offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo.
Equis continues to rapidly grow its platform and is hiring high caliber professionals to join its team which is predominantly based in Melbourne with a second office in Sydney. Equis Australia is a fast paced and driven team, working across projects primarily in Eastern Australia.
Equis Australia Management Pty. Ltd. (“EAMPL”) is seeking a highly focused, talented and driven individual to join the Melbourne team as Finance Manager.
- Act as the sole onshore point of contact in Australia for the FC / Group CFO and take primary responsibility for financial reporting and tax matters in Australia
- Prepare management accounts and statutory financial statements of Equis’s Australian entities and trusts according to applicable financial reporting standards
- Act as the main point of contact with PwC in the annual audit process for Equis’s Australian entities and trusts
- Involved in monthly close process in compliance with deadlines and internal controls
- Preparation and submission of IAS / BAS and corporate income tax filings
- Monitor and ensure compliance with EAMPL’s base level financial requirements under its AFSL license
- Review accounting entries ensuring clerical accuracy and appropriate support documentation
- Support the investment teams as needed, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Coordinating financial and tax due diligence with external advisors
- Reviewing all financial metrics presented in investment committee papers before they are circulated for discussion
- Assisting with project financings especially compliance with covenant requirements
- Reporting of project KPIs such as budget vs actual construction spending and timing analyses and various operating metrics (e.g. power generation, EBITDA, gross and net valuations etc.)
- Continuous evaluation of efficient cash management practices
- Prepare budget to actual analyses post month-end closing and provide both qualitative and quantitative explanations as needed
- Work closely with outsourced accounting function (currently outsourced to PKF) in order to transition all accounting matters in-house over time
- Prepare other ad-hoc reports/schedules/project work
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with all financial policies and processes
- Must be a qualified CA / CFA
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience (including at least 3 years’ commercial experience outside of practice), preferably with some audit experience (not necessarily with the Big 4)
- Must have very strong technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge, in particular Australian accounting standards and IFRS
- Must have prior experience with trust accounting
- Prior exposure to or experience of the renewable energy sector a considerable advantage
- Solid experience and understanding of Australian GST and corporate tax rules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software, especially Excel. Prior experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 / Navision 2016 desirable
- Initially, will be the sole member of the Equis finance team based in Australia, so must be comfortable to work independently, take the initiative, be hands-on, and cope with reporting lines both within the Melbourne office and overseas to the FC in Singapore
- Prior exposure to corporate tax structuring and tax planning an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills (including report writing), and the ability to confidently interact with senior management, external vendors and peers
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a relatively small team environment