Office-based role located in Brighton Melbourne Australia
Lead the community engagement strategy and activities of Equis across our portfolio of renewable energy (wind, solar, and battery) and waste/recycling projects
Our projects are currently predominantly early stage so the engagement is focused on early engagement with communities and stakeholders during the conception, development, approval, and construction stages
The role requires a person with passion for working with local communities to build Australia’s renewable energy and waste future
Equis firmly believes in the value of proper community engagement at all project stages and seeks to lead the market in developing effective and innovative engagement strategies that benefit the community and our projects.
- Preparing robust, innovative, and comprehensive community engagement strategies for each project that reflects emerging trends, Government guidelines, and community expectations.
- Provide internal leadership in community engagement to ensure understanding and practice of community engagement continues to be embedded in the organization.
- Organize, attend and take a leading role in the community engagement activities and outputs, with administrative support provided.
- Research, develop and implement a range of innovative techniques to engage communities and stakeholders in project development, particularly the use of technology such as social media, online and internal engagement platforms.
- Understand and implement new models of project benefit-sharing, including neighborhood agreements and community funds.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with a diverse range of stakeholders, including members of public.
- Participate in internal project teams to progress development of projects.
- Over time will recruit as required to build out the necessary support team, but show an ability and willingness to execute on a hands-on basis in the interim.
- Representing the company by participating in industry conferences, forums, workshops, and meetings, involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators, and Government authorities.
- Develop and implement a range of community engagement strategies, activities, and outputs across Equis’s portfolio.
- A well-informed and engaged community and a list of stakeholders at each project.
- Qualifications in community engagement, or an equivalent field IAP2 Certificate in Public Participation is essential
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in Australian renewables or waste/recycling projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and an ability to build relationships and trust with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial acumen and entrepreneurial values
- Ability to manage complex project issues, managing time, setting priorities and organizing the complex logistics of engagement activities and outputs
- Solid understanding of both the underlying principles and practices of community engagement in the Australian context.
- Knowledge of community engagement strategies in the Australian renewables or waste/recycling space.
- Demonstrated record of delivering successful community activities and outputs at a range of scales, including adapting to challenges and managing sensitive projects.
- Solid understanding of the project development life cycle from early stage to COD
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to Victoria, NSW, QLD and Tasmania.